One of my dear friends, Lacey Elliot, is an amazing make-up artist. I love talking about skin with her! In this guest post, she shares her favorite summer products! Check out her bio at the end of the post.
1. Elta MD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46
2. Jack Black Lip Balm SPF 25
3. LORAC Natural Performance Foundation
4. Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment w/Avocado
5. Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser
These are some of my go to products in the summer and here’s why they are freakin’ amazing…
1. While working for NYC Dermatologist, Monica Halem, I learned about Elta MD Clear. I bought it and my red, sensitive, 31 year old skin absorbed every bit of it. It’s clear going on and also acts as a primer. No yucky sunscreen residue because the molecules in this baby are…”micronized”. #winning
2. Jack Black Lip Balm Spf 25 quickly became my go-to product for my lips because of the high spf content. No other lip balms offer such high protection and wonderful texture. They smell incredible and fit easily in a sports bra, purse, tiny pocket on Lululemon shorts or clutch. #winning #again
3. LORAC Natural Performance foundation has been my tried and true for the past 5 years. My friend and owner of Cherry Skin Studios in Austin Texas, Daisy de La Torre, recommended it to me on a trip back in 2010. When you consistently use peels or exfoliate your skin on a regular basis, you need a dime-sized amount to cover the entire face. Sheer it out, buff into skin or build up this foundation. It does it all. Even tones down redness and fills in pores. I use my fingers to apply it because I can control the finish better on my skin that way, but find out what works best for you! You’re welcome.
4. KIEHL’S Creamy Eye Treatment w/Avocado is the cherry to my sundae. The honey to my comb. The cheese to my Whiz. It absorbs best into dry skin around the eyes and upper lids too. I use my right ring finger to gently apply it and wake up with hydrated, happy eye skin. (what else should I call it? Eye skin for the win). If I have any extra on my finger, I apply it around my lips so as not to waste any. Splash your face with cool water the next morning, Elta MD Clear , Foundation, Jack black and you’re off!
5. INdie Lee Brightening Cleanser is the best cleanser I have ever used. I like to be able to use one product to take all my makeup off in one swoop and this gets the job done! It’s gentle enough to remove eye makeup (not waterproof Mascara) and strawberry fruit extract exfoliates your skin too! Thus, the “Brightening” in its name. I love this cleanser and the smell so much that I have to stop myself from using it numerous times at night. 2 pumps to cleanse & sweet dreams!
Lacey Elliot is a makeup Artist in New York City. Her career started with MAC and received her master certification from the Make Up For Ever Academy NYC in 2013. Her work has been published in Make Up Artist Magazine, MOOD Magazine, Washington Family Magazine and various online publications. She won first place for her Beauty/Fantasy make up design at IMATS London student competition in June 2014. She has worked London and New York Fashion week and assisted, Anastasia Durasova, Lan Nguyan Grealis, David Tibolla and Daniel Parker. Her recent work can be seen in the feature film “Adam Jones” (October 2, 2015) by the Weinstein Company starring Bradley Cooper, Sienna Miller and Daniel Bruhl. Lacey specializes in clean beauty and is focusing on guest blogging, product trial reviews, content development and speaking engagements about the importance of beauty in today’s culture and media.
To book Lacey or send her dark chocolate, please email: email@example.com